Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of my family's favorites. I only make them once or twice a year as we tend to eat way too many of them at one time!
I don't have any "secret family recipe." I use the recipe on the back of the Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet bag. I know, now you are wondering why I am even putting this out in the great blogosphere. I love SOFT cookies... and here is the trick...
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour PLUS 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12 oz pkg) Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup chopped nuts, optional
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small mixing bowl.
3. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
6. Stir in morsels (and nuts).
7. Drop by well-rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets.
8. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Ellen's simplified directions:
1. Beat butter, sugars, and vanilla until creamy in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
3. Measure and add dry ingredients slowly into butter mixture until it is all combined. (This is much easier using a stand mixer.)
4. Stir in morsels and nuts (if you are using them).
5. Use a mellon-baller to scoop out dough. Bake at 375 F for 9-10 minutes.
Note: Your cookies may not become light brown on the top. If the bottom of the cookie is light brown, they should be cooked. If, by any chance your cookies do get hard, place a piece of white bread into the container and seal. The moisture from the bread will soften the cookies.
Cook's Family Recipe Book. Author/Chef: Ellen C.
This recipe may be linked to:
Cookbook Sundays, Savory Sundays, Recipe of the Week, Hunk of Meat Monday, Makin' You Crave Monday, Mouthwatering Monday, Mangia Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Monday Mania, Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesdays, Tuesdays at the Table, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesday Night Supper Club (2nd Tues of the month), Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Hearth and Soul Hop, Tasty Tuesday Link Party, Made from Scratch Tuesday, Totally Tasty Tuesdays, This Week's Cravings, Delicious Dishes, Foodie Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, What's On the Menu Wednesday, Made it on Monday, What's Cooking Wednesday, Recipes I Can't Wait to Try!, What's on Your Plate?, These Chicks Cook, Whisking Wednesday, Full Plate Thursday, Ultimate Recipe Swap, It's a Keeper, Slow Cooking Thursday, Twisted Thursday, Taste-tastic Thursday, Fun with Food Friday, Friday Favorites, Foodie Friday, Friday Potluck, I'm Lovin' It, Fusion Fridays, Foodie Friday, Sweets for a Saturday, Simply Delish Saturdays, Link and Greet Party